2016-06-15

Finally I've outlasted a PM.

Today I go past former Prime Minister Harold Holt, the first Aussie PM whom I've outlived, although if I hang around for a bit longer I'll soon go past a few more.
He's pictured on the left here in a shot I grabbed from Wiki, enjoying some banter with the great US president LBJ a man who rates very highly in my view, he kept their economy strong whilst finally opening the door to equality in their country.
I would have outlived two USA presidents since when Australia was founded in 1901, so I suppose that's further proof of our life expectancy being longer, although Kennedy died of natural causes and Holt's body was never found so we'll never know if he had a heart turn while swimming or if the rumour of a Chinese submarine absconding with him is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment