Somehow a screw had found itself inside this seemingly sealed unit but I sense it would be because of being forced over this oversized holding screw, the black one in this photo. About the only two contacts it could reach simultaneously were between active and earth which would logically explain why the earth leakage circuit breaker tripped.
Next we have to replace the bottom step and very soon but first I need another pay day, this step exhausted our last pay.
I'm measuring up here, note the hole to the left of my hand, that's going to need some work.
I have to moan about having to pay $42 for a federal police report that then gets snail mailed to us, why can't they in this day and age just email the report to immigration? astounding but a really good little money spinner for the department.
Hopefully Olivia will be granted permanent residency after this but we're painfully delayed at this point with Olivia still unable to claim benefits that she's entitled to, as well as having her medicare card expire for no valid reason.
Maybe we should employ more Philippine (and other Asian folk) as their school system seems to work a bit better than ours.
I might check this window again to see if it's a permanent sign, which I have a suspicion it may be.
The bridge seemed to be in good nick back then, so that's a bit of a mystery.
I get depressed about this sort of thing, I wish I was immune to the pain of money getting wasted but I suppose I'd be just as humourless if they'd actually wrapped the trees.
Somehow I suspect it may be only a connector short circuit and a bit of cleaning and soldering may bring it back to life, but that's for another day, I've done enough today.
So onto eBay went Jimmy and ordered an honestly priced programmed bios chip replacement, then thinking of further issues ordered this cheap little programmer shown here, CH341A or whatever they call it, I'm glad I did.
The bios chip arrived without much delay except for the usual Australia Post way of doing it after a weekend, this brought the dead board back to life but with a MAC address problem for the ethernet that Asrock's Mac Tool program won't fix, possibly due to the board's newness, oh well at least I could set things up using wi-fi.
Today this little programmer arrived so Jimmy set to playing and had the usual trail of woe, if a person buys one of these then the artwork on it showing the chip mounting is correct, don't take any notice of the pretty artwork on the software that is downloaded, which I did and caused a deal of overheating and angst.
What you need to do is grab the 6 byte MAC address which is on a white patch on the edge of the motherboard, naturally it was way too small for me to read so I took a photo and printed the result in a size I could read.
Edit hex address of #1000 and the next 5 with the proper MAC code and perhaps change the next 00 to 01 (not sure about that as my original dead chip had a 01 and I thought it may pay to copy it, which worked) and hopefully you board will no longer boot with an cmos error mismatch message, made me smile.
A downside for me is I only rarely get involved with problems like this rarely and have to relearn things as I go, I imagine the next time I need program something my hardware will be obsolete yet again.
I really like the way the white chevron on her outfit makes it look like a Rugby League jumper, also the sky blue is much nicer than the usual black.
We're looking forward to Irish posting some stuff on Facebook about the night but things have been hectic there, including a power blackout,