2015-11-17

Ruined by Jim.

Olivia bought the old clock from the Salvo shop yesterday for $5, it didn't work but since I had a couple of spare mechanisms here I thought it'd be a pretty simple job to replace the old one, I was wrong as per usual.
I would have thought all mechanisms were pretty much the same but the old one extended further through the hole meaning I had to deepen the mounting cut out. If I had a router it would have been simple but I uses the natural for me rough method of drill and chisel.
 Which of course resulted in a bit of breakage, however I don't think it matters very much and the end result is still a fine looking bit of craft despite my rough treatment. I had to paint the hands yellow so they would be visible, at least that job wasn't my usual ruinous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment