2013-01-24

As per usual.

Something had to expire.
The power supply to the front room router that the webcam run through gave up the ghost, I do keep spares of these so it was simple to get things working again.
These things don't cost much and are a throwaway thing but it has a blown fuse top left and the large capacitor has a bulge, I'll replace them for a bit of fun later, who knows, maybe it'll work again?
2013-01-25.
I found a couple of 6.8 µF 400 V capacitors and paralleled them, close enough I'd hope, plus I grabbed a fuse unknown value from an old compact fluoro. Apply power.....KABOOM.... I think I shall just salvage the lead now and scrap it, at least things like this are cheap these days. When I first started working a transformer was the best part of a week's pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment